Frequently Asked Questions from Tenants
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions from our tenants. The information contained here is brief, at any time you require additional explanation you may contact our Client Services department. (Please visit Our Resources page to learn more about CrestCore and how we can help you.)
Tenant Selection Criteria
- Complete application online.
- Pay an application fee of $55 per adult application – all application fees are non-refundable.
- If multiple applications are received for the same home, we will process all applications in the order they are received until we have an approved applicant.
- All conditions of the application process must be met for the applicant to receive approval.
- Applying for a home does not guarantee its availability.
- A property is still considered available until it is removed from the CrestCore website.
Each occupant over 18 years of age must complete an application and show valid government issued ID or proof of legal residence status with a visa.
Providing false and/or misleading information are grounds for rejection of an application, loss of any application fee, and a basis for termination of the lease if subsequently discovered.
Any co-signers must complete the application process and prove income 4x the monthly rent.
Applicants must provide proof of monthly net income equal to a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. (EXCEPTION: On properties with monthly rent less than $500, applicants must provide proof of monthly net income equal to a minimum of 2 times the monthly rent.)
Income will be verified by one or more of the following as required by management:
- Pay-stubs for a minimum of the last 30 days for each applicant.
- Self-employed must submit prior years filed tax return for Corporate Rentals.
- Offer letter from new employer with contact information for verification.
- Official records proving retirement, disability, social security, alimony, pension and or child support benefits etc.
- NOTE: Unemployment will NOT be considered as proof of income.
Rental History Requirements:
If negative rental history (including, but not limited to, evictions, late payments, current, or past outstanding debts to previous landlords, etc.) is found, then application may be denied, or subject to an increased security deposit at CrestCore’s sole discretion.
If CrestCore is unable to verify rental history, additional documentation may be requested.
Criminal Background & Credit History:
Criminal Background checks will be performed on all applicants.
Applicants with a Credit Score below 500 will be denied.
- Applicants for Commercial properties will be required to provide a copy of their Certificate of Insurance for Commercial General Liability. The limits of such a policy must be no less than $1,000,000 dollars and $1,000,000 for each occurrence.
Approval with Conditions:
Applications may be approved with conditions if it is determined that income, credit, or rental history requirements are not met. Applicants will be required to pay an additional security deposit.
CrestCore abides by occupancy standards based on 2 persons per bedroom.
All applicants and tenants are required to complete an online application, or Pet Profile, with the details of their pet (photo, breed info, vaccination, and behavioral history) and attest that the information is accurate.
The Household Pet Profile fee is an annual fee ($25) paid by the applicant or tenant directly to Pet Screening. All Pet Fees will still be collected by CrestCore.
- When paying by credit card: $25 per pet profile per year.
- When paying by ACH: $20 per pet profile per year.
- Household Pet Profiles are valid for one year upon activation, and they are to be renewed annually. A $5 discount is offered on the renewal fee if the Household Pet Profile is renewed before its expiration date.
Assistance Animal Profile and No Pet/Animal Profile: There is no cost associated with these profile types.
- All pets must be disclosed on the application through https://crestcore.petscreening.com/.
- A maximum of 2 pets allowed in a property which accepts pets.
- No pets over 65 lbs. or aggressive breeds.
- A $275 non-refundable pet fee will be assessed per approved pet.
- The Pet approval and Pet Fee is based on the FIDO score that is calculated from their Pet Profile application through https://crestcore.petscreening.com/.
Forms of Payment:
Application fees may be paid online at the time of application. No application will be processed until fees are paid.
All deposits and first month’s rent must be made in the form of a money order, certified funds and/or cashier’s check or a combination thereof. The security deposit & rent MUST be in two separate forms of payment, i.e., one money order for security deposit and one money order for rent.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept cash payments of any kind.
Equal Housing Opportunity Statement
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation.
We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
MAINTENANCE AND EMERGENCIES
We have partnered with Latchel to make maintenance easier.
You can reach your home assistance via your dedicated phone number 24/7/365.
- Call (901) 401-9917 to submit maintenance requests
- We pick up your maintenance calls in less than 60 seconds, 24/7/365
- You can also submit your request online:
- We will triage and troubleshoot your problem over the phone
- Easily track your maintenance appointments online
- Confirm when requests have been resolved
We recommend bookmarking the Latchel portal website in your mobile browser for easy access to scheduling and updates.
Latchel Tenant Dashboard
Meetings with members of the Property Management team are by Appointment Only. Please call 385-3119 to request an appointment before coming to the office.
Please refer to the MAINTENANCE AND CARE section of your lease to find a list of tenant responsibilities.
FOR EMERGENCY NUMBERS:
MAINTENANCE: (901) 401-9917
FIRE: Call 911; Call office at (901) 385-3119 to report the fire. Please get a fire department report number.
Smell of Gas: Call MLGW at (901) 528-4465
SEWER BACK UP: Call City Sewer Department at (901) 529-8025
LOCKSMITH SERVICES: If you lose your key or are temporarily locked out of your home, you may do one of the following:
- During Business Hours: Call (901) 385-3119 to check if the office has a key. Pick up the key at the office, if available.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
- After Business Hours: Call Maintenance at (901) 401-9917.
PAYMENT DUE DATES: Full Rent Payment is due on the 1st day of each month.
**Please Note: No Payments Will be Accepted in Office**
1. Grace Period: There is a 5-day Grace Period, which means Rent Payment is not late until the morning of the 6th day after the Due Date.
2. Late Fee: A 10% of total monthly rent is assessed if Full Rent Payment is not received in Office by the close of Business hours on the 5th day after rent is due.
Please call (901) 385-3119 for payment and collections questions. Please leave a call back number for assistance or inquiries regarding balance and payments information.
How to Make a Rent Payment:
- ACH draft from checking account, credit, or debit card (applicable fees apply)
Pay by Cash (applicable fees apply):
➢ Log in to your tenant portal and Select Cash (RentMoney) to generate a voucher that will allow you to make a cash payment at Walmart and other retailers near you.
➢ For Instructions on how to pay via PayNearMe, please click the link below:
CrestCore – PayNearMe Instructions
*Please contact the Payment & Collections Department at 901-385-3119 to obtain authorization to pay by cash at one of our authorized payment locations.