Tenant Selection Criteria
CrestCore is providing the required Tenant Selection Criteria pursuant to all applicable federal and state laws. The following information outlines the basis upon which CrestCore will make its decision. Any rental application action will conform to all applicable federal and state laws. The following is a list of the required items and selection criteria by which tenant applications are reviewed:
- Complete application online.
- Pay application fee of $55 per adult application – all application fees are non-refundable.
- If multiple applications are received for the same home, we will process all applications in the order they are received until we have an approved applicant.
- All conditions of the application process must be met for applicant to receive an approval.
- Applying for a home does not guarantee its availability.
- A property is still considered available until it is removed from the CrestCore website.
Each occupant over 18 years of age must complete an application and show valid government issued ID or proof of legal residence status with a visa.
Providing false and /or misleading information are grounds for rejection of an application and loss of any application fee and a basis for termination of the lease if subsequently discovered.
Any co-signers must complete the application process and prove income 4x the monthly rent.
CrestCore requires a verification of identity for applicants over 18 years of age. The following are considered valid forms of identification:
- US Drivers License
- US Passport
- US Government issued ID card
- US Visa
Applicants must provide proof of monthly net income equal to a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. [EXCEPTION: On homes with monthly rent less than $500, applicants must provide proof of monthly net income equal to a minimum of 2 times the monthly rent.]
- Income will be verified by one or more of the following as required by management:
- Paystubs for a minimum of the last 30 days for each applicant.
- Self-employed must submit prior years filed tax return and P/L statement.
- Offer letter from new employer with contact information for verification.
- Official records proving retirement, disability, social security, alimony, pension and or child support benefits etc.
Rental History Requirements
If negative rental history (including, but not limited to, evictions, late payments, current, or past outstanding debts to previous landlords, etc.) is found, then application may be denied, or subject to an increased security deposit, at the CrestCore’s sole discretion.
If CrestCore is unable to verify rental history, the security deposit requirement shall be equal to 2 months’ rent.
Criminal Background Checks
Criminal background checks will be performed on each applicant.
Credit History Requirements
Applicants with credit scores under 500 or applicants without established credit are subject to Crestcore’s sole discretion to determine if income and background are sufficient to approve the application.
CrestCore may require an increased security deposit for credit scores under 500.
Approval with Conditions
Applications may be approved with conditions if it is determined that income, credit or rental history requirements are not met. Applicants will be required to pay an additional security deposit.
CrestCore abides by occupancy standards based on 2 persons per bedroom.
- All pets must be disclosed on the application and approved by CrestCore.
- Maximum of 2 pets allowed in a property which accepts pets.
- No pets over 65lbs or aggressive breeds.
- A $250 non-refundable pet fee will be assessed per approved pet.
Form of Payment
Application fees may be paid online at the time of application or may be paid at the CrestCore leasing office. No application will be processed until fees are paid.
All deposits and first month’s rent must be made in the form of money order, certified funds and/or cashier’s check or a combination thereof.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not accept cash payments of any kind.